ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Video Systems Technician to act as the primary support for FanDuel TV, FanDuel Racing, and video streaming infrastructure. You will play a key role on the TV Technology team, with ownership of 24/7 linear channels, FAST, ad-hoc streaming infrastructure, VOD processing, triaging, and resolving issues as they arise. You will be a key role on new projects, commissioning, and ongoing support initiatives.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Work with broadcast engineers, development teams, and external broadcast partners on high-severity, active support issues, resolving issues as they arise.
- Assist or take ownership of routine maintenance for the infrastructure supporting signal acquisition, graphics, live encoding, packaging, and distribution. Onboard new feed infrastructure to support new live event properties and ad-hoc events.
- Act as on-call support and point of escalation for high-severity issues on live events.
- Manage incoming maintenance notifications, documenting impact on live events and linear channels. Work with external event support teams to mitigate customer impact of maintenance issues.
- Aid in the development and testing of operational tools that improve efficiency through automation.
- Customer notification and workflow coordination with follow up to maintain service level agreements (SLAs)
- Creating and maintaining team specific knowledge-based articles, operational and training documentation.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights and weekends as required for broadcasts, studio support & maintenance.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- 1+ Years overall development/technical support experience, ticket creation, and escalation.
- 1+ years of streaming video delivery experience, understanding of video encoding, transcoding, and CDN technologies.
- 1+ years of technical operations experience, including support, incident management, operations monitoring, process improvements, and metrics reporting.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems.
- Experience with on-site, live video production and master control facility operations. Signal acquisition and transmission. Experience with satellite and network delivery systems (point to point, MPLS, multicast, unicast).
- Knowledge of broadcast & video streaming pipelines and technologies, including encoding hardware/software video delivery, acquisition, codecs, adaptive bit rate video playback, and common streaming protocols. (i.e., Elemental, ffmpeg, Appear, Haivision, SRT, RTMP, JPEG XS, CDI, SRD, HEVC, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, SDI, ASI, RF, SMPTE-2110).
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues, you’re a natural problem solver!
- Clear and concise written communication skills, and experience writing process and training documentation and technical papers.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Have’s
- Fundamental knowledge of AWS & GCP technologies, and networking concepts. Cloud & networking certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS MediaConnect, MediaLive, MediaPackage, MediaStore, S3, EC2, DirectConnect, TransitGateway, and CloudFront.
- Experience in modern programming languages.
- Participation in the software development processes. Ability to ideate, document and articulate automation requirements to dev teams. Agile, SCRUM, and Kanban experience a bonus.
- 1+ years of software development experience. JSON, Java, Python, React Native, Brightscript, Node.js.
- Knowledge of sports and/or experience working within a heavily regulated industry is a plus.
Don’t check all the boxes? That’s okay! We encourage you to still apply if you feel like you possess an adjacent skillet and are interested in learning more about this position.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $35.58/hr to $48.56/hr which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.