ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Director to join the Strategy & Operations team. The Strategy & Operations group serves as a partner and advisor to the Executive team and works on critical strategic initiatives and opportunities facing the business. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small group with significant exposure across the FanDuel Group business, as well as to the broader global company (Flutter Group).
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Partner with SVP, Strategy & Operations and the FanDuel Executive team to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives and opportunities facing the business, operating as a thought leader and trusted advisor
- Develop a deep understanding of FanDuel’s business and competitive positioning as well as the sports wagering landscape to inform recommendations
- Define clear hypotheses to identify new opportunities for FanDuel, and lead analysis and modelling to inform the strategy
- Collaborate with FanDuel Group department leads to drive cross-functional initiatives and strategic planning
- Structure and lead complex, cross-functional projects independently, managing multiple workstreams & stakeholders
- Manage and develop team members, supporting project teams with structuring analysis and developing hypotheses, as well as overall professional development and growth
- Liaise with global partners in UK&I, Australia, and beyond to identify opportunities to leverage best practices and drive operational efficiencies across the global Group
- Examples of strategy initiatives you will lead:
- Advise FanDuel executive team on growth opportunities and develop execution roadmaps
- Work directly with the COO on programs to leverage FanDuel’s scale advantage and build sustainable business drivers
- Lead annual portfolio review and strategic planning processes
- Establish and manage excellent business cadence, including leading Board and Executive level corporate governance
- Deliver complex cross-functional strategy projects, including innovation and white space thinking
- Coordinate launch of major strategic programs, working with operational business leaders
- Working directly with the CEO and other Executives on major internal initiatives
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years, or 3 years post-MBA, of experience in management / strategy consulting and experience as a case team leader preferred
- Ability to take broad direction, use initiative, and translate that into well-researched, actionable output
- Hands-on experience working autonomously to deliver robust business cases, which draw on a mix of hard data and sensible assumptions. Strong numerical proficiency and analytical capability
- Excellent interpersonal skills; skilled at influencing and building relationships across the organization at all levels, including with senior leadership
- Strong organizational & project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once. Previous experience leading large project teams on complex cross-functional projects is required
- Ability and desire to dive in and get your hands dirty with analysis. In this role, you will be required to both manage teams/people and be an individual contributor
- Experience and passion for managing and developing junior team members
- Prior knowledge and interest of sports and technology industries are preferred; ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of the industry and company will be critical to success
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $180,000-$210,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 13 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.