FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
FanDuel is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our SEO and Organic Growth vertical, who will inspire and grow the feature delivery teams which are working on a range of products which drive growth and visitors into FanDuel. You will play a pivotal role in the product, people and process whilst managing a team of mainly front end software developers.
You will help to own and drive the technical strategy within your product delivery teams and work closely with your Product Manager to define the roadmap and ensure we have the resources available for delivery. You’ll also ensure the team is dedicating time to technical debt and manage their personal development.
If you’re looking to exercise and develop your existing core leadership skills both from a technical and people management point of view, then this is the position for you!
- Manage a dedicated team of web software engineers (ReactJS, Typescript, NextJS)
- Develop and grow engineers within your team, providing an outstanding employee experience tailored to their individual needs
- Work closely with stakeholders from across FanDuel to help them understand the delivery process and collaborate with product on a backlog of technical initiatives
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for people managers who enjoy helping and coaching those around them and who have a passion for software delivery and working with other managers to help solve problems.
Ideally you will come from a front end background and remain technically hands on by contributing to the code base and guiding best practice across your team. What’s most important is your logical thinking and problem solving mindset.
- Experience in defining and implementing software delivery best practices, agile / scrum delivery methodologies and continuous improvement
- The ability to grow a team, lead it to success and passionate about the personal development of others
- Technically detailed so you can challenge and communicate around architecture and system design
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits
The Interview Process
- Interview with Talent AcquisitionInitial Screening call with Talent Acquisition
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Discussion-based interview on Software Delivery
- Final Interview
- Discussion-based interview on People Management
- DIscussion-based interview on Operational Excellence
- Discussion based interview on Dealing with Ambiguity
- Technical Interview - System Design Conversation
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.