ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players.
You use technology to solve straightforward problems, seeking input and guidance from team members. You may create or have responsibility to improve or invent small tools or applications. You can take defined design and turn it into code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices. You write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects. You are proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is appropriate to use them and when it is not. You make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions. You participate in team design, scoping and prioritization discussions. You seek to learn the business context and technologies behind your team’s software. You work effectively with other team members & identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions. You invent, refine and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals. You are a passionate advocate for your customer.
Our Tax Product is apart of the Wallet Vertical that is responsible for each FanDuel user’s wallet, payments, withdrawals, transaction history, tax information, and player activity journeys. Our Tax Engineering team will focus on bringing together the correct user and bet data from several sources to generate the correct tax forms for each product. Our team also works with our Regulatory Partners to file the tax forms and electronically deliver them to users. We use AWS, K8s, Terraform, Java, & React amongst other languages & technologies.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Responsible for the state of the code you both inherit and produce.
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You classify, store, and handle data in accordance with FanDuel policies.
- You track security risks and mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- You understand the maintenance characteristics, run-time properties, and dependencies of your team's software, including hardware platform, operating system and build dependencies.
- You clearly document your software to ensure that future generations of developers understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
- In the event of a problem you are able to troubleshoot, research the root cause of problems, and thoroughly resolve defects.
- You provide excellent customer support.
- You participate in the interview process and help your team train other Software Engineers
- You will keep yourself up to date with market standards, open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, be; humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience and passion for writing distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems & APIs using Java and/or Python or similar programming languages.
- Knowledge of release process best practices for APIs and services within production systems.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Understanding DevOps concepts such as containers (e.g. Docker), orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Cloudformation or Terraform)
- Knowledge of testing concepts, test tools, and integrating testing and best practices in the SDLC
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Passion for working within a fast-paced environment and can adapt to change.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!