ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV — "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add a Responsible Gaming Director to our Legal & Compliance Team to lead our Responsible Gaming Customer Strategy team. Responsible Gaming (RG) is one of the key components of FanDuel’s long term strategy to build a first-class sports betting platform. We cannot be successful if we don’t protect our customers who may be at risk for responsible gaming issues-- all customers should only play if playing makes sense for them, and if they play, they should only play appropriately and safely. We need a Responsible Gaming Director to help get us where we need to go as the industry matures in North America. This critical strategic role will report to the Vice President of Responsible Gaming to design and implement FanDuel’s Responsible Gaming customer strategy and drive key Responsible Gaming advancements within our products and within key internal functions. The RG Director will work within the Legal & Compliance team and in partnership with other teams throughout FanDuel focusing on product, tech and data analytics as well as FanDuel’s parent company, Flutter, and Flutter divisions around the globe to understand our customer behaviors and continually evolve and enhance our processes, controls and technology and design and implement new customer initiatives, all with the goal of understanding our customers, finding and escalating to review customer play who may show risk of irresponsibility, and working to limit or prohibit them from our platform. This role is critical to FanDuel’s goal of designing and implementing a best-in-class responsible gaming strategy in this growing industry.
Familiarity with consulting and driving strategy from data insights in a start-up environment, as well as in a mature, highly regulated environment and familiarity with change management and executive level engagement are imperative. The Responsible Gaming Director with work with FanDuel’s CEO, Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, Executive Leadership Team and Responsible Gaming leadership team (from RG, Tech, Product, Data, Analytics, Strategy, Regulatory, and Marketing) to design and oversee critical projects, program strategy, reporting of key metrics, implementation of new/enhanced RG tools, and development of key risk indicators for the business.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Build the set of strategies and tactics in alignment with internal leadership stakeholders from Product, Data Analytics, and Commercial to implement comprehensive Responsible Gaming customer engagement enhancements that are supported by the company’s executive leadership team, Flutter’s safer gambling leadership team, and are complimentary with existing policies, procedures, and resourcing.
- Work with Product and Tech teams to define and prioritize Responsible Gaming enhancements across platforms, with a constant focus on internal targets, external trends, testing plans, and regulator requests.
- Enable Flutter’s RG requirements and public domain commitments to be achieved and reported on.
- Ensure FanDuel’s RG strategy and beliefs are always carried out in the company’s products, with an enhanced focus on new product and jurisdiction launches.
- Lead project management in partnership with data analytics teams to implement predictive modeling and segmentation strategies to identify potentially at-risk customers to support through Responsible Gaming tools.
- Partner with business leaders to identify gaps in processes and controls, and address those by implementing systems, procedures, and controls and working with business systems to implement.
- Align with colleagues to define plans and paths forward, ensuring commitment and follow through from key internal stakeholders.
- Advise on appropriate process improvements to support an effective and efficient RG department; work with tech solutions providers to identify and implement opportunities for optimization.
- Build strong professional relationships with the leadership in the business.
- Present project updates, results, insights, and impact around RG tools and enhancements to senior leadership from FanDuel and Flutter.
- Liaise with external advisors as required.
- Perform other responsible gaming-related duties as directed.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience preferred
- 8-10 years of total business experience, experience in tech industry preferred
- Experience working in Commercial, Consulting, or Data Analytics where use of data to derive insights and drive strategy was critical to the success of a program
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry a plus
- Exceptional presentation skills at an executive level imperative
- Excellent interpersonal and partnership skills needed to bring different groups into alignment and prioritization around on a single strategy
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- An exceptional team builder and team player
- A self-starter with energy to follow-through and own the outcome
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
The applicable salary range for this position is $180,000 to $210,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.