ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV — "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for an experienced and seasoned Lead Detection Engineer to join our Security Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and creating strategies, solutions, tools and practices to help us mature our capabilities and ensure that we stay up-to-date on the emerging threat landscape. You will work with a team of security professionals to identify and assess potential cybersecurity threats towards complex systems and infrastructure, build detections based techniques from observations, investigations, Incidents, and from development of appropriate threat modeling and mapping inputs to help our team respond effectively and efficiently to security threats.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Responsible for designing, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting security tooling and systems in production cloud environments
- Proficiency working with big data platforms and are familiar and comfortable with relational database management systems and their query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Develop, build, and maintain scalable systems and software to to deliver tooling to support security telemetry, detection-as-code, and orchestration platforms to drive automated and measurable actions
- Influence and align the organization’s vision and strategy, while engaging teams to develop and deliver specific, multi-year roadmaps, programs, and projects
- Define operational metrics, key performance indicators, and service level objectives to assure the team achieves operational excellence
- Partner with internal FanDuel teams, provide recommendations for improving security posture across infrastructure, processes, and software. Coordinating the integration of software components in collaboration with engineers, operations, and leadership.
- Develop and evolve business relationships and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Collaborate with other security teams (SOC, Enterprise Security, Software Security, Security GRC). Working with analysts, engineers, and data scientists across the organization to continually improve cyber resilience.
- Track and manage technical documentation related to your scope of work. Ensure relevant parties are regularly updated on relevant documentation.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Empathetic contributor who has experience operating effectively across teams and disciplines in highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environments and have successfully executed on ambitious projects
- Proficient at writing detections at scale using a detection-as-code approach for a wide range of systems leveraging version control, automated workflows, and test driven development
- Significant experience in security monitoring, log analysis and detection building from large datasets to automate incident detection and response processes.
- Ability to develop in Python, Java or GO and are skilled at querying appropriate data to extract meaningful insights with interest in Data Science.
- Comprehensive understanding of a broad range of security tools and their applicable controls in modern environments such as CloudTrail, SecurityHub, Semgrep, EDR, Network Traffic Analysis, Email Security Gateway, Web Application Firewalls, etc.
- Experience “threat hunting”, using threat intelligence to proactively and iteratively investigate potential risks and finding suspicious behavior in the environment.
- Deep knowledge of attacker methodologies and techniques and corresponding incident response methodologies.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.