ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV — "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its legal team a senior Investigations Counsel for the State Regulatory group with 5+ years of legal experience to manage state regulatory investigations in this exciting, expanding field.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This position will work with a fantastic team of legal and regulatory professionals striving to maintain FanDuel’s compliance position for all products across the United States and assist with FanDuel’s continued innovation of those products. Reporting to FanDuel’s Vice President of State Regulatory, this role will manage a sophisticated team of regulatory and compliance experts and:
- Manage regulatory investigations, inquiries, incidents, and escalated customer complaints regarding fraud, marketing, cybersecurity, responsible gaming, geolocation, and all other areas of regulatory interest, including ownership of all necessary documentation, auditing, controls, metrics, and reporting, etc;
- Manage internal investigations regarding all areas of regulatory interest, including ownership of all necessary documentation, auditing, controls, metrics, and reporting, etc;
- Manage a team of state regulatory compliance professionals dedicated to conducting regulatory and internal investigations;
- Engage in close partnership with the new product launch/licensing compliance team, the federal regulatory compliance team and the risk team to enable seamless integration of all relevant regulatory obligations, transparency and controls;
- Assist FanDuel’s Vice President of State Regulatory with FanDuel’s engagement and relationship with state regulators and Market Access Partners once FanDuel has launched and is actively regulated by a state;
- Assist FanDuel’s Vice President of State Regulatory with providing legal analysis and regulatory guidance to internal FanDuel team members regarding state regulatory requirements for all products in all states; and
- Assist FanDuel’s Vice President of State Regulatory with training and communications strategy, content and delivery for state regulatory
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Superior stakeholder/regulatory engagement, proven experience, top-notch analytical, strategic, communication, interpersonal and writing skills are of paramount importance, as is a strong work ethic, commitment to being both an exceptional manager as well as a team player who rolls up her or his sleeves, and an aptitude to learn the nuances of the internet, technology and media businesses.
- Once hired, the senior Counsel for State Regulatory will be required to obtain state gaming licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators;
- JD from a top-tier law school and member of at least one state bar;
- 5+ years of total legal experience, preferably from a nationally recognized law firm, and preferably with experience engaging and advocating with regulators;
- A strong aptitude for investigations, regulatory engagement, policy, legal research, process, procedure, analytics and reporting;
- Passion for people management, team building and a desire to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- In-house experience with a highly regulated company or a company engaged in rapid growth a strong plus;
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
The applicable salary range/hourly range for this position is $140,000 to $180,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.