ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
- FanDuel — A game-changing, real-money daily fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — Best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOX Bet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
We’re looking for a Content Designer to join our UX & Design practice in Atlanta and the growing Content Design team that owns all interface copy and content strategy for FanDuel’s products.
The Content Design team works on innovative new features and products while building upon existing experiences that our customers love, maintaining our best-in-class status. Through clear, expressive writing, content designers at FanDuel help build products and experiences that engage our fans, inspire trust, and are intuitive and easy to understand.
What you’ll do
Improve products through clear, compelling, and user-centered content: Collaborate with product designers to develop user stories and flows, create information architectures, and pair the right visual components with the right copy.
Advocate for the user: Partner with UX research, product managers, and product designers to gather user insights to inform the design process and ensure that the user’s needs, opinions, behaviors, and motivations are represented in content strategies and other project documentation.
Shape our design system: Help raise the bar for clarity and consistency in all product content, by further developing our content design guidelines as part of our wider foundational design system.
Strengthen our brand: Work closely with our marketing team to make sure the brand’s voice and tone is consistent throughout product and marketing content. Balance representing the brand with representing the user in your copy.
Communicate and collaborate: Present your work with a focus on storytelling, articulating insights from UX research and framing your decisions with data-backed rationales. Engage in regular, open conversation within cross-functional teams to build trust in and respect for our work.
Test, execute, and iterate: Help deliver products at every stage of the design process, beyond just handing off copy documents. Work closely with the research, product, and data teams to determine the performance of your work so you can iterate and improve product content.
What you’ll bring
- You’re a strong writer with 3+ years of experience in a content design, content strategy, or UX writing role. You see your work through a design thinking lens and can offer a range of solutions for any given content design problem.
- You’ve contributed to some developed projects and can demonstrate both independent work and collaboration within those projects.
- You have advanced knowledge of spelling and grammar as well as an understanding of information architecture.
- You can make advanced and nuanced edits to writing guidelines, including building out new sections and structuring a style guide to accommodate growing and changing needs.
- You’re developing skills to evangelize content design within an organization.
- You understand how to grasp the full context of flow(s) when writing copy.
- You have knowledge of design and collaboration platforms such as Figma, and you can collaborate on user research projects and use findings to drive copy decisions.
- You can clearly communicate direction rationale to peers and wider teams.
You’ll love this role if..
- You are passionate about crafting great solutions for our customers, whilst helping achieve business goals.
- You value collaboration and working alongside your colleagues to shape the best solution, but where required you are happy working on your own initiatives.
- You like the mix of working on the detail, as well as feeding in to and helping craft some of our wider design thinking projects.
- You are a sports fan (not required) or are curious and open to learning more about how sports fans engage with our products.
What to include in your application
- Your resume and any extra relevant info you think we should know
- A brief cover letter that tells us who you are and why you’re interested in a role at FanDuel
- A portfolio that includes at least one case study of a real-world project. We want to see how you’ve tackled a content design problem and turn insights into actions. If you have a portfolio with multiple examples, even better. Demonstrate your writing skills, product thinking, process, and communication skills. We’ve put together a blog post about what we look for in a case study. If you can’t share a case study with us, please let us know why so we can work something out.
- Any online profiles(e.g. Dribbble, Behance) or personal websites that you think we should see
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
We’re serious about career development at FanDuel. All our managers are trained with a focus on continuous development and a drive to help you reach your potential. Your manager will help you use our role-specific career framework to progress and grow over time, whether you see your future as an individual contributor or a manager. You’ll set development goals which your manager and our Talent team can support you to achieve through advice and a training budget.
- An exciting environment with opportunities for real growth
- A supportive, trusting and open work environment
- Build innovative products used by a highly passionate user base
- Learning and development opportunities, including conference attendance
- Flexible holiday entitlement
- 401k Match
- Attractive healthcare premiums
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.